Yeldon leads Alabama over LSU
AJ McCarron threw three touchdown passes, T.J. Yeldon ran for 133 yards and two scores and No. 1 Alabama scored the final 21 points to overwhelm No. 10 LSU 38-17 Saturday night in Tuscaloosa, Ala.
The Crimson Tide (9-0, 6-0 Southeastern Conference) turned to power football to take control of a game that was tied early in the third quarter. Yeldon carried 18 times in the second half, 25 overall.
Zach Mettenberger completed 16 of 23 passes for 241 yards and a touchdown for the Tigers (7-3, 3-3), but was also sacked four times.
(3) Florida State 59, Wake Forest 3: Jameis Winston threw two touchdown passes, and the Seminoles (9-0, 7-0) tied a school record with six interceptions as it clinched an ACC championship game berth with a win over the Demon Deacons (4-6, 2-5) in Winston-Salem, N.C.
(7) Auburn 55, Tennessee 23: Nick Marshall gained 214 of the Tigers’ 444 yards rushing and Auburn (9-1, 5-1 SEC) scored on a punt return and kickoff return in a win over the Volunteers (4-6, 1-5) in Knoxville, Tenn.
The Tigers won while attempting just seven passes all day.
(9) Missouri 48, Kentucky 17: Maty Mauk, making his fourth consecutive start in place of the injured James Franklin, threw five TD passes, four to Dorial Green-Beckham, and the Tigers (9-1, 5-1 SEC) cruised past the Wildcats (2-7, 0-5).
(11) Texas A&M 51, Mississippi State 41: Johnny Manziel threw for 446 yards and tied a career-high with five touchdown passes to lead the Aggies (8-2, 4-2 SEC) to a win over the Rebels (4-5, 1-4) in what could be his last home game in College Station, Texas.
Virginia Tech 42, (14) Miami 24: Trey Edmunds ran for four TDs, the first three set up by Hurricanes (7-2, 3-2) special-teams miscues, and the Hokies (7-3, 4-2 Atlantic Coast Conference) earned a win at Miami Gardens, Fla.
(15) Oklahoma State 42, Kansas 6: Clint Chelf completed 19 of 37 passes for 265 yards and three TDs to lead the Cowboys (8-1, 5-1 Big 12) to a victory over the Jayhawks (2-7, 0-6) in Stillwater, Okla.
(17) Fresno State 48, Wyoming 10: Derek Carr completed 33 of 46 passes for 366 yards and four TDs, and Josh Quezada rushed for 105 yards and a score as the Bulldogs (9-0, 6-0 Mountain West) defeated the Cowboys (4-5, 2-3) in Laramie, Wyo.
(19) UCF 19, Houston 14: William Stanback scored two TDs and the Knights (7-1, 4-0) held off a late Cougars (7-2, 4-1) threat in Orlando, Fla., to keep first place in the American Athletic Conference all to itself.
(21) Wisconsin 27, BYU 17: James White ran for two TDs and caught a pass for another score, and the Badgers (7-2) stalled the Cougars’ (6-3) fast-paced offense in Madison, Wis.
White finished with 147 yards rushing.
Pittsburgh 28, (24) Notre Dame 21: James Conner ran for two short TDs, including the go-ahead score with 9:36 remaining, as the Panthers (5-4) upset the visiting Fighting Irish (7-3).
Notre Dame turned it over three times, including a pair of fourth-quarter interceptions by Tommy Rees.
Kansas St. 49, (25) Texas Tech 26: Jake Waters and Daniel Sams each ran for two TDs to lead the Wildcats (5-4, 3-3 Big 12) past the Red Raiders (7-3, 4-3) in Lubbock, Texas.
© Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.