Ricardo Louis scored on a deflected 73-yard pass on fourth-and-18 with 25 seconds left to lift No. 7 Auburn (10-1, 6-1 Southeastern Conference) to a stunning 43-38 victory over No. 25 Georgia (6-4, 4-3) on Saturday night in Auburn, Ala.
The Tigers (10-1, 6-1 Southeastern Conference) had blown a 27-7 lead but pulled out one more huge play to continue the biggest turnaround in major college football. From 3-9 last year, they can win the SEC West with a victory in two weeks against No. 1 Alabama.
(1) Alabama 20, Mississippi State 7: T.J. Yeldon rushed for 160 yards, A.J. McCarron threw two TD passes and the Crimson Tide (10-0, 7-0 SEC) overcame four turnovers to beat the Bulldogs (4-6, 1-5) in Starkville, Miss.
(2) Florida State 59, Syracuse 3: Jameis Winston completed 19 of 21 passes for 277 yards and two TDs to propel the Seminoles (10-0, 8-0 Atlantic Coast Conference) past the Orange (5-5, 3-3) in Tallahassee, Fla.
(3) Ohio State 60, Illinois 35: Carlos Hyde ran for 246 yards and four TDs and QB Braxton Miller ran for 184 yards and two scores to push the Buckeyes (10-0, 6-0 Big Ten) past the Illini (3-7, 0-6) in Champaign, Ill.
(4) Baylor 63, Texas Tech 34: Bryce Petty threw for three TDs and ran for two more as the Bears (9-0, 6-0 Big 12) stayed undefeated, overcoming its first double-digit deficit of the season, in a victory over the Red Raiders (7-4, 4-4) in Arlington, Texas.
(11) South Carolina 19, Florida 14: Elliott Fry kicked four field goals and the Gamecocks (8-2, 6-2 SEC) won a school-record 16th straight at home, sending the banged-up Gators (4-6, 3-5) to their fifth consecutive loss.
(12) Oklahoma State 38, (23) Texas 13: Clint Chelf ran for two TDs and passed for two more and the Cowboys (9-1, 6-1) stayed in the Big 12 championship chase by beating the Longhorns (7-3, 6-1) in Austin, Texas.
(14) Michigan State 41, Nebraska 28: The Spartans (9-1, 6-0 Big Ten) converted five turnovers into 24 points and took a big step to winning the Legends Division, beating the Cornhuskers (7-3, 4-2) in Lincoln, Neb.
(15) Central Florida 39, Temple 36: Shawn Moffitt kicked a 23-yard field goal as time expired after Rannell Hall got behind the Owls (1-9, 0-6 AAC) defense for a 64-yard reception, and the Knights (8-1, 5-0) survived a scare in Philadelphia.
(17) Wisconsin 51, Indiana 3: James White rushed for a career-high 205 yards and Melvin Gordon added 146 as the Badgers (8-2, 5-1 Big Ten) beat the Hoosiers (4-6, 2-4) in Madison, Wis.
(19) Louisville 20, Houston 13: Dominique Brown ran for a career-high 137 yards and two TDs and the Cardinals (9-1, 5-1 AAC) held on to beat the Cougars (7-3, 4-2) in Louisville, Ky.
(22) Oklahoma 48, Iowa State 10: Bob Stoops matched Barry Switzer’s record for most coaching victories at Oklahoma with 157 when the Sooners (8-2, 5-2 Big 12) cruised past the Cyclones (1-9, 0-7) in Norman, Okla.
Duke 48, (24) Miami 30: Brandon Connette rushed for a career-high four TDs and threw for a fifth, and the Blue Devils (8-2, 4-2 ACC) upset the Hurricanes (7-3, 3-3) in Durham, N.C.
"Well, I certainly hope you'll die soon." Can you name the film? OK, what's your favorite line from a movie?
CHARLES CALLISON (3-point defense lacking in the first half?) Yeah, we just let them get loose and get open. We didn't have good defensive position, or a hand up on ...
OLYMPIA – Relations between the Legislature and city governments are often touchy, and between one Spokane legislator and the Spokane City Council they are particularly so. Not terribly surprising, considering ...
On Sunday, Mrs. O & I will host our first Super Bowl party in quite awhile. Usually, we're the invitee rather than the invited. Two of the guests are recent ...