That’s NEWS to you quiz
If you paid attention to the news last week, and maybe even if you didn’t, you could be a winner in our weekly quiz.
Test your memory on the newspaper version, then go online to www.spokesman.com/newsquiz for our interactive version, where top entries go into a drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries this week go into a drawing for movie tickets.
1. Spokane is considering paying police officers more if they
A. Make more arrests
B. Write more speeding tickets
C. Get college degrees
D. Have no citizens’ complaints
E. Quit the Police Guild
2. A 15-year-old crashed into a power pole in Spokane Valley after taking two intoxicated friends to get
D. Potato chips
3. Chuck Staben is the new president of
A. Gonzaga University
B. North Idaho College
C. University of Idaho
D. Washington State University
E. Whitworth University
4. Two suspects in the murder of a World War II veteran may have been targeted for death by the
A. Aryan Brotherhood
B. Black Panthers
C. Ku Klux Klan
D. Veterans for Justice
E. White Resistance
5. The ASPCA said it will help Spokane officials with the costs of caring for a large number of what animals seized recently on the West Plains?
Check your work
To check your answers and last week’s winners, see page B9.