Here are the answers to this week’s That’s News to You quiz:
1. A. Burmese pythons, which are not native to Florida and have no natural predators there, have become a nuisance to native species in the Everglades.
2. B. Inmates are working in gardens right outside their living areas and contributing the fresh produce to the prison kitchen.
3. C. The Seahawks won 23-20 in overtime to advance to 4-0 on the season. The last comeback win of at least that size was from an 18-point deficit to the Oakland Raiders in December 1997.
4. C. National parks were closed and most Park Service employees were furloughed. Health care exchanges opened the day the shutdown started, and the other services continued as essential.
5. D. Gonzaga Law School will be the first school in the Northwest to offer a two-year degree program rather than the standard three years.
On the Web: Now that you’ve had a chance to warm up your news sense, try our online quiz at www.spokesman.com/newsquiz. Top entries go into a weekly drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries this week go into a drawing for movie tickets. To give our newspaper readers a little help, some of the questions in this quiz are also in the online version.
Last week’s winners are Annie Gannon, of Spokane Valley, who won the gift card, and Judy Rose, of Spokane, who won the movie tickets.
Click here to comment on this story »