That’s NEWS to you
If you followed the news last week, or even if you didn’t, you could win prizes in our news quiz.
Try your hand at the newspaper version of the quiz, then go online to spokesman.com/newsquiz to take our interactive quiz, where top entries go into a weekly drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries may win movie tickets.
1. What creatures are wildlife officials in Florida trying to trap after several other control mechanisms have failed?
A. Burmese pythons
B. Pink flamingos
D. Green beetles
E. Feral dogs
2. What are some Airway Heights Corrections Center inmates doing that helps save money at the prison?
A. Being transferred to electronic home monitoring
B. Growing vegetables for meals
C. Installing solar panels on the buildings
D. Wearing monitors that reduce the need for guards
E. Participating in wellness programs
3. The Seahawks’ overtime win against the Houston Texans after being down 17 points was the team’s biggest comeback since what year?
E. Can’t fool me. It was their biggest comeback win ever.
4. Which of the following federal services were closed because of the shutdown?
A. Air traffic control
B. Visa and passport processing
C. National parks
D. Health care exchanges
E. Border crossings
5. Gonzaga Law School is trying to boost enrollment with what change?
A. Cutting tuition
B. Enrolling more international students
C. Increasing online courses
D. Offering degrees in two years
E. Can’t fool me. Gonzaga Law School is so full it doesn’t need to boost enrollment.
Check your work
For answers, turn to pageB2.