The Gonzaga volleyball team rode the momentum from its comeback win Thursday over San Francisco and beat Santa Clara Saturday in a West Coast Conference match in Santa Clara, Calif.
Scores were 25-21, 25-20, 19-25 and 25-23.
Sophomore Savannah Blinn tallied a match-high 21 kills, with eight coming in the opening set.
GU’s McKayla Ferris had 13 kills and 12 digs and Kristina Lavrisha added 12 kills and 11 digs.
The wins over San Francisco and Santa Clara (7-7, 2-3) marked the first back-to-back WCC road victories for the Bulldogs (7-8, 3-3) under head coach Dave Gantt, who is in his fifth season at the helm.
• Kaleigh Nelson had 13 kills as No. 1 Washington (11-1, 3-1) dumped Utah (13-3, 2-2) in a Pac-12 match in Salt Lake City. Scores were 25-23, 25-15 and 30-28.
• Despite 23 kills from Jalana White, Whitworth fell in five sets to Pacific Lutheran (10-4, 6-0) in a Northwest Conference match in Spokane.
Nicole Leonard added 15 kills and 24 digs for the Pirates (9-9, 3-3). Scores were 25-18, 15-25, 19-25, 25-20 and 15-11.
• Idaho (10-7, 3-2) couldn’t recover from a slow start and dropped a Western Athletic Conference match with New Mexico State (8-8, 3-0) in Las Cruces, N.M. Scores were 25-15, 25-18 and 25-19.
Ashley Christman had eight kills and Jenna Ellis and Jessica Hastriter had 13 digs apiece for the Vandals, who hit a season-low .067.
• Sydney Kemper led a balanced attack with nine kills and Northern Arizona (11-4, 5-1) eased to a 25-17, 25-10, 25-19 Big Sky Conference win over Eastern Washington (6-11, 3-3) in Flagstaff, Ariz.
Pacific Lutheran’s Derek Johnson tied the game with a goal from 15 yards out in the 84th minute and the sixth-ranked Lutes (8-0-3, 3-0-2) played to a 1-1 draw with Whitworth (5-2-2, 3-1-1) in Northwest Conference play in Parkland, Wash.
The Pirates’ Karl Muelheims opened the scoring in the 40th minute. Zach Waldher assisted.
Sophomore Andrea Stump made eight saves to help Whitworth (5-4-2, 2-3-2) secure a 0-0 draw with Pacific Lutheran (4-2-3, 2-0-3) in a Northwest Conference match in Parkland, Wash. Neither team scored in 110 minutes.
• Emily Fejeran, Rashelle Fisher and Lindsay DeHaas all scored to guide Community Colleges of Spokane (7-0-4, 5-0-3) to a 3-0 NWAACC shutout of Yakima Valley (1-9, 0-8) in Yakima, Wash.
Willie Milam finished in eighth place and the Gonzaga men took fifth as a team at the Bill Dellinger Invitational at Springfield Country Club in Springfield, Ore.
Milam covered the 8,000-meter course in 24 minutes, 23 seconds.
Idaho, led by Cody Helbling’s 27th-place finish, took seventh.
The Idaho women finished sixth. The Vandals were led by Halie Raudenbush, who covered the 5,000-meter course in 17:36, good enough for 16th place.
The GU women were seventh. Lauren Bergam was 20th in 17:39.
• Community Colleges of Spokane sophomore Jessica Mildes took second place at the Willamette Invitational at Bush Pasture Park in Salem, Ore.
Mildes covered the 5,000-meter course in 17:35. The CCS women finished 12th out of 20 teams. The CCS men, led by Daniel Schofield’s 21st-place finish, took 10th.
The Whitworth women took sixth place. Christina Williams finished 11th to lead the Pirates.