The Gonzaga women’s soccer team scored twice in the first five minutes and ran away with a 3-1 West Coast Conference victory over Loyola Marymount on Sunday in Los Angeles.
Heather Johnson scored 1 minute, 51 seconds into the match, a Karley Baggerly increased the lead to 2-0 2:36 later.
Emily Eckmann gave the Bulldogs (5-6-1, 1-1-0 WCC) a 3-0 advantage with a goal in the 27th minute.
• Washington State forced overtime after falling behind 3-0 in the first half, but fell 4-3 to Utah in a Pac-12 match in Pullman.
Jocelyn Jeffers, Susie White and Nicole Setterlund scored in the second half for the Cougars (9-2-3, 2-2-2 Pac-12) to even the score. Katie Taylor scored in the 104th minute to give the Utes the victory.
• Katy Allen put Eastern Washington (3-12, 1-5 Big Sky) on the board first, but North Dakota answered with three straight goals for a 3-1 Big Sky Conference victory in Grand Forks, N.D.
• Grand Canyon staved off a late push by Idaho (3-10, 3-3 WAC) for a 2-0 Western Athletic Conference victory in Phoenix.
• Washington (6-6-2, 2-1-2 Pac-12) suffered its first Pac-12 loss of the season, falling to Colorado 1-0 in Seattle on a goal six minutes into overtime.
Clark Phillips scored twice but Gonzaga had to settle for a 3-3 double-overtime tie with San Diego in a West Coast Conference match in Spokane.
Nick Hamer also scored for the Bulldogs (6-2-3, 1-0-2 WCC), who got three saves from Ryan Caballero.
Kyra Holt had 21 kills and 18 digs in a losing effort as Washington State fell to Pac-12 foe Arizona in five sets in Pullman.
Set scores were 25-23, 22-25, 23-25, 25-17, 15-12.
• Sixth-ranked Washington (13-1, 5-1 Pac-12) swept No. 16 Arizona State, winning 25-21, 25-22, 25-16 in Seattle.