Here are the answers to this week’s news quiz:
1. E. Chris Easter, the son of Kathy and Pat Easter, was born April 28, 1983.
2. C. The zoo has a new attraction that lets people swim with sharks, with or without cages.
3. C. A party got out of hand near WWU in Bellingham, and police made arrests after some rioters threw bottles and other objects.
4. A. Mads Tranberg, a 16-year-old exchange student from Denmark, hadn’t touched a football until September but is working on kicking field goals and points after touchdowns for the Pirates.
5. A. Matthew Marcotte faces a charge of armed burglary after allegedly stabbing the homeowner in the head with a deer antler.
6. B. The study found the rats got more neuron activity – a measure of pleasure – from the cookie than the drug.
On the Web: Now that you’ve had a chance to warm up your news sense, try the online version of the quiz at spokesman.com/newsquiz. Top entries go into a weekly drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries this week go into a drawing for movie tickets. To give our newspaper readers a little boost, some of the questions in the newspaper quiz also appear online.
Last week’s winners are Joel and Deborah White, of Spokane, who won the gift card, and Michelle Lippert, of Post Falls, who won movie tickets.
sponsored According to two 2015 surveys, 62 percent of Americans do not have enough savings to handle an unexpected emergency, much less any long-term plans.