Here are the answers to this week’s news quiz:
1. E. “Near Nature. Near Perfect.” is not on the coin. “City of Choice” is.
2. A. KSPS was formerly a part of Spokane Public Schools.
3. D. The average rent for an apartment in Spokane in 2013 is $699. It was $697 in 2012.
4. A. Grimes received the French Legion of Honor last week for his services in the war that helped liberate France from Nazi German occupation.
5. C. Don James’ Washington Huskies went 12-0 and shared the national championship in 1991.
Now that you’ve had a chance to warm up your news sense, why not go online to spokesman.com/newsquiz? Top entries go into a drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries this week go into a drawing for movie tickets. To give our newspaper readers a leg up, some of the questions in this quiz also appear online.
Last week’s winners are Wilma Flanagan, of Spokane, who won the gift card, and Steve Goodmansen, of Post Falls, who won movie tickets.