If you followed the news last week, or even if you didn’t, you could be a winner in our news quiz.
Try your hand at the newspaper version of the quiz, then go online to spokesman.com/ newsquiz for the interactive version, where top entries each week go into a drawing for a $50 gift card and all entries this week go into a drawing for movie tickets.
1. Which of the following is not on a coin minted for the office of Mayor David Condon?
A. Monroe Street Bridge
B. Mount Spokane
C. Riverfront Park Clocktower
D. Blooming lilacs
E. The city slogan “Near Nature. Near Perfect.”
2. KSPS is now an independent public television station. Until recently, what entity was it affiliated with?
A. Spokane Public Schools
B. Eastern Washington University
C. Gonzaga University
D. Washington State University
E. City of Spokane
3. What is the average monthly rent for an apartment in Spokane?
A. About $400
B. About $500
C. About $600
D. About $700
E. About $800
4. World War II veteran Clarence Grimes, a former B-24 pilot, received a medal for his service from what foreign country?
B. Great Britain
C. The Netherlands
E. Can’t fool me. American veterans can’t accept medals from foreign countries.
5. The late Don James led the University of Washington Huskies to an unbeaten season and share of a national championship in what year?
Check your work
For answers, explanations and last week’s winners, turn to page B10.
Click here to comment on this story »