That’s NEWS to You quiz
If you followed the news this week – and even if you didn’t – you could be a winner in our news quiz. Try your hand at the newspaper version of the quiz, then go online to spokesman.com/newsquiz for our interactive quiz, where top entries go into a weekly drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries this week go into a drawing for movie tickets.
1. Spokane high school freshman Brooke Martin developed a startup company for a product that
A. Helps dog owners connect with their pets
B. Helps struggling students connect with tutors
C. Helps new cooks connect with professional chefs
D. Helps commuters connect with car pools
E. Can’t fool me. High school freshmen don’t launch business startups.
2. Staff Sgt. Ty Carter was presented with what military award last week?
A. Purple Heart
B. Medal of Honor
C. Bronze Star
D. Silver Star
E. Distinguished Service Cross
3. Spokane County voters will be asked to approve a property tax increase this fall that will pay for
A. Road repairs
B. New vehicles for the sheriff’s department
C. A new roof for the courthouse
D. Land in Fairchild Air Force Base’s “crash zone”
E. Raises for county employees
4. Delbert Belton, a World War II veteran who was the victim of a fatal beating during an apparent robbery, was buried with full military honors last week. What was Belton’s nickname?
5. The Seahawks finished their preseason schedule Thursday night. How did they do in the four games?
Check your work
To find the answers and last week’s winners, see Page B7.