Some public offices and services will be affected by the Labor Day holiday today:
• Spokane City Hall will be closed, and there will be no City Council meeting.
• Downtown Spokane parking meters don’t need to be plugged.
• The East Side, Hillyard and Indian Trail branches of the Spokane Public Library, which are normally closed Mondays, will also be closed Tuesday.
• Riverfront Park attractions and county golf courses will be open.
• All Kootenai and Spokane county, city and rural garbage pickup will be one day late this week.
• City, county, state and federal offices will be closed.
• Post offices will be closed.
• Most banks will be closed.
• Idaho state liquor stores will not be affected.
Smokejumper hurt during arrival at fire
WEST YELLOWSTONE, Mont. – A smokejumper remained hospitalized Sunday after sustaining a hip injury parachuting into rugged backcountry on the Montana-Idaho border to battle the Two Top fire.
Fire spokeswoman Marianne Baumberger said the elite smokejumper was injured during the initial attack Friday on the fire that’s burning on the Continental Divide.
She said the smokejumper had to be flown out by helicopter and was in stable condition Sunday.
About 100 firefighters are on the ground battling the fire that’s about 6 miles from Yellowstone National Park, she said.