That’s News to you answers
Here are the answers to this week’s newspaper version of That’s News to You.
1. E. SpokeFest is in its sixth year.
2. D. Sterling was purchased by Portland-based Umpqua Bank for $1.9 billion.
3. A. Spokane Veterans for Peace has a billboard near Northwest Boulevard in Coeur d’Alene opposing aid to Israel. The Spokane Coalition for Israel purchased a billboard with a countermessage near Pleasant View Road in Post Falls.
4. C. Seventeen have died in the line of duty; the last one to perish in a blaze was Paul Heidenreich, who was killed 31 years ago.
5. E. The 2020 Summer Games will be in Tokyo, site of the 1964 games. Tokyo beat out Istanbul and Madrid. The 2016 games will be in Rio, and the 2018 Winter Games in Pyeongchang, South Korea.
On the Web: Now that you’ve warmed up your news sense, try our online quiz at www.spokesman.com/newsquiz, where top entries go into a weekly drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries this week go into a drawing for movie tickets. To give our newspaper readers a boost, some of the questions from this quiz also appear in the online version.
Last week’s winners are James Smith, of Spokane, who won the Davenport gift card, and Kathy Kerman, of Spokane, who won tickets to the WSU-Southern Utah football game.