That’s NEWS to You quiz
If you followed the news last week, or even if you didn’t, you could be a winner in our news quiz. Try the newspaper version, then go online to www.spokesman.com/ newsquiz for the interactive version, where top entries go into a drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries this week go into a drawing for movie tickets.
1. About 1,900 people took part in community bicycle rides that started downtown and ended in Riverfront Park. What is this annual event called?
2. Which Spokane bank last week agreed to merge with Umpqua Bank?
B. Great Western
C. Washington Trust
D. Sterling Savings
E. Spokane & Eastern
3. Competing billboards on Interstate 90 in North Idaho take different stands on
A. U.S. aid to Israel
B. U.S. intervention in Syria
C. Federal health care reform
D. Legalizing marijuana
E. Genetically modified foods
4. Spokane Fire Lt. Greg Borg is working to commemorate the city’s firefighters who have died in the line of duty since 1890. How many are there?
5. The International Olympic Committee selected the site for the 2020 Summer Games. Where will they be held?
C. Pyeongchang, South Korea
D. Rio de Janiero
Check your work
Find the answers and last week’s winners on page B7.