Micaela Castain scored twice in the second straight match as Washington State’s women’s soccer team played to a 2-2 draw with Oklahoma State in a nonconference match Sunday in Stillwater, Okla.
The Cougars (5-0-2) are unbeaten through seven matches for the first time in school history and extended their unbeaten streak to a school-record 11 matches, dating to last season.
• Gonzaga snapped a three-match losing streak with a 1-0 nonconference victory over Oregon State at the Gonzaga Soccer Field. Tori Lee’s first goal of the season, in the 27th minute, helped the Bulldogs improve to 2-3.
• Idaho lost 1-0 to UNLV in double overtime in Moscow. Marina Siegl and Torrell Stewart combined to make seven saves for the Vandals (0-7-0).
• Jami Hegg and Jackie Day scored 3 minutes apart in the second half to give Whitworth (4-2, 1-1 NWC) a 2-0 Northwest Conference victory over Whitman in Spokane.
• Shoreline scored in the 74th minute for a 1-0 victory over North Idaho College in Coeur d’Alene.
Alec Cutter and Zach Hamer scored and Ryan Caballero extended his shutout streak to three matches as 22nd-ranked Gonzaga beat UNLV 2-0 in Las Vegas. The Bulldogs’ 3-1 start is their best since 2003.
• Robby Ubben and Spencer Wolfe each posted a goal and an assist as Whitworth beat UC Santa Cruz 4-0 in a nonconference match played at Willamette University in Salem. David Starkovich and Rylan Berriman also scored for the Pirates (2-1-1). Whitworth did not give up a shot on goal to the Banana Slugs.
• North Idaho College beat Shoreline 2-0 in Coeur d’Alene.
Idaho’s Meredith Coba was named tournament MVP and Alyssa Shultz and Katelyn Peterson were named to the all-tournament team after winning the Bronco Volleyball Classic in Boise.
Kyle Davis had one goal and assisted on Kurtis Redding’s tally in the Spokane Braves’ 5-2 loss to the Grand Forks Border Bruins at Eagles Ice-A-Rena.
sponsored You’ve probably heard of co-ops: food co-ops, childcare co-ops, housing co-ops, energy co-ops.