Area college students named to deans’ lists
The University of Washington recently named area residents to the spring quarter dean’s list for the 2012-13 academic year. Students must hold a grade-point average of 3.5 or above to be named to the list. Students are listed by their hometowns.
Chattaroy: Samuel Pollock.
Cheney: David Coomes, Danielle Gilmour, Shawn Robertson, Danielle Vonlehe.
Colbert: Lauren Brandkamp, Alexa Erickson, Megan Erickson, Mckenzi Hoover, Jessica Lesniak, Avrey Novak, Jill Pignataro.
Deer Park: Rebekah Lester, Cole Spencer.
Greenacres: Jessica Driscoll, Michael Sattler.
Latah: Jade McKeen.
Liberty Lake: Nathaniel Coulson, Decker Ellingson, Matthew Hinea, Auston Lende, Julia Marquiss, Jacob McKinney, Andrew Wiggin.
Mead: Alex Anderson, Dillon Fischer, Taylor Grace, Mason Karsevar, Katharine Spilker.
Medical Lake: Chris Schweikhardt, Nissa Van Meter.
Mica: Jack Armstrong.
Newman Lake: Robert Jopson, Cameron Stack.
Nine Mile Falls: Kodi Clary, Samantha Johnson, Ciara Mielke.
Otis Orchards: Scott Anderson, Thomas Tran.
Spangle: Brandon Thayer.
Spokane: Amy Absalonson, Christopher Alfino, Beddome Allen, Cameron Allen, Zane Allinger, Scott Andersen, Haley Anderson, Rachel Ballard, Sanjay Bappudi, Amy Bestick, Jackson Bloom, Micah Blyckert, Cameo Brereton, Haley Brinjones, Chelsea Brisbois, Edward Brow, Stephanie Brune, Timothy Carter, Taylor Chaparro, Jennifer Choi, Anna Clary, Sophia Cleanthous, Margaret Cressey, Caitlin Cunningham, Nicolas Cypro, Emily Davis, Kaytlynn Davis, Madeleine Derrick, Trent Deschamps, Tanner Dixon, Shay Driscoll, Devin Farrar, Jessica Franklin, Alexander Fruci, Travis Galloway, James Ganas, Sulamita Garbuz, Jacob Garrison, Daniel Graef, Madeline Greeley, Zane Gretz, Davita Gurian, Benjamin Hagood, Mitchell Harper, Megan Hatheway, Kehly Hedrick, Brannon Heftel, Kole Heidinger, Nicholas Hendryx, Aaron Horton, Eamonn Hunter-Green, Megan Johnson, Hillary Kaufman, Elyssa Kerr, Minjung Kim, Michelle Klaue, Chase Klingel, Lilia Kondo, Cutter Kuwada, Ellie Larocca, Grant Larsen, John-Michael Larson, Kimberly Latwesen, Quinn Lawlor, Michelle Lefler, Michael Lewis, Jefferson Livingston, Bryony Lynch, Brian Magnuson, Anthony Maricich, Ena Martincic, Evan Mast, Sheila McClung, Laura McDowell, Chelsea McLuen, Andres Morales, Garrett Morkill, Chelsea Motzer, Jacob Mouser, Amy Naccarato, Cameron Nemeth, Lauren Nemitz, Derrick Nguyen Jr., Thanh Nguyen, Luis Olazabal IV, Anthony O’Neel, Molly Ostheller, Ashly Padgett, Natalie Parrish, Jose Pineda, Riley Poppy, Paige Porter, Jennifer Power, Lauren Price, Brandon Quackenbush, Tucker Richards, Benjamin Roberg, Trent Robinson, Massoud Saleki, Amanda Sams, Sierra Schleufer, Mckenzie Schnell, Adam Schultheis, Collin Schupman, Taryn Seacrist, Margaret Seibly, Samuel Shastany, Bradley Skalstad, Alexander Slate, Kellan Smith, Nashua Springberry, Kyle Staples, Nicholas Strobelt, Scott Strong, Camrynne Sullivan, Gregory Sullivan, Mathew Summers, Kaitlund Tangvald, Benjamin Tebbs, Katie Truong, Kevin Tsuchida, Brayden Underwood, Daniel Vance, Julia Viherlahti, Steven Vilwock, Greta Wagley, Dustin Walde, Amy Westrick, Jay Wolfer, Stephanie Wolverton, Rich Xu, Newton Yates.
• Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff, Ariz., has named area residents to the dean’s list for the spring 2013 semester.
Colbert: Savana Bezdicek.
Spokane: Morgan Crater, Monica Garceau, Patrick Sullins.
• Cory Sago, of Colbert, and Willis Sanburn, of Spokane, have been named to the dean’s list for the spring 2013 semester at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, N.Y.
• The University of Montana, in Missoula, has named Spokane Valley resident Shanna Thompson to the dean’s list for the spring 2013 semester. Students must hold a grade-point average between 3.5 and 4.0 to be named to the list.
• Benjamin Fuson, of Nine Mile Falls, has been named to the spring 2013 dean’s list at University of Montana Western in Dillon, Mont. Students must hold a grade-point average of 3.33 or above to be named to the list.
• Pacific Lutheran University in Tacoma, has named Michael Traner, of Otis Orchards, to the dean’s list for the 2013 spring semester. He is a 2012 graduate of East Valley High School and the son of Nancy Traner and the late David Traner.
• Spokane resident Scott Coffey has been named to the Provost’s list at Lipscomb University in Nashville, Tenn. Students must hold a grade-point average between 3.5 and 3.99 to be named to the list.
To tell us about your achievements, write to Achievements, The Spokesman-Review, 999 W. Riverside Ave., Spokane, WA 99201 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.