Fitzgerald Toussaint ran for 120 yards and two touchdowns, Desmond Morgan made a one-handed interception in the fourth quarter that swung the game Michigan’s way and the 15th-ranked Wolverines (4-0) dodged another upset with a 24-21 victory against Connecticut on Saturday night in East Hartford, Conn.
Chandler Whitmer threw two touchdowns and Ty-Meer Brown returned a fumble 34 yards for a touchdown in the third quarter that put UConn (0-3) up 21-7.
(1) Alabama 31, Colorado State 6: AJ McCarron passed for 258 yards and threw a 30-yard touchdown to DeAndrew White in the fourth quarter to lift the Crimson Tide (3-0) to a win over the Rams (1-3) in Tuscaloosa, Ala.
(4) Ohio St. 76, Florida A&M 0: Kenny Guiton again starred in place of the injured Braxton Miller, setting a school record with six TD passes – all in the first half – to lead the Buckeyes (4-0) to a lopsided win over the FCS Rattlers (1-3) in Columbus, Ohio.
(6) LSU 35, Auburn 21: Jeremy Hill rushed for a career-high 184 yards and tied a career high with three TDs to help the Tigers (4-0, 1-0 SEC) turn back the Tigers (3-1, 1-1) in Baton Rouge, La.
(7) Louisville 72, Florida International 0: Teddy Bridgewater threw four TD passes and Louisville’s defense allowed a school-record 30 yards, helping the Cardinals (4-0) blow out the Golden Panthers (0-4) in Louisville, Ky.
(8) Florida State 54, Bethune-Cookman 6: Jameis Winston tossed a pair of TD passes and Karlos Williams ran for two more to lead the Seminoles (3-0) over the FCS Wildcats (3-1) in Tallahassee, Fla.
(9) Georgia 45, North Texas 21: Aaron Murray threw for 408 yards and three TDs, ran for another score, and led the Bulldogs (2-1) past the Mean Green (2-2) in Athens, Ga.
(10) Texas A&M 42, SMU 13: Johnny Manziel accounted for 346 yards with three TDs in just more than a half to help the Aggies (3-1) cruise to a win over the Mustangs (1-2) in College Station, Texas.
(16) Miami 77, Savannah State 7: Dallas Crawford and Gus Edwards both scored three TDs and the Hurricanes (3-0) got into the end zone on their first seven possessions, rolling to a victory over the Bobcats (2-1) in Miami Gardens, Fla.
(18) Northwestern 35, Maine 21: Linebacker Damien Proby and defensive end Dean Lowry each had an interception return for a score to lead the Wildcats (4-0) over the FCSBlack Bears (3-1) in Evanston, Ill.
(19) Florida 31, Tennessee 17: After starting QB Jeff Driskel was lost to a season-ending injury, Tyler Murphy led the Gators (2-1, 1-0 SEC) to five scores in a win over the Volunteers (2-2, 0-1) in Gainesville, Fla.
(20) Baylor 70, Louisiana Monroe 7: Bryce Petty threw for 351 yards with four TDs and ran 2 yards for another as the Bears (3-0) routed the Warhawks (2-2) in Waco, Texas.
(22) Notre Dame 17, Michigan State 13: Cam McDaniel scored on a 7-yard run following a questionable pass interference call, one of several penalties that hurt Michigan State, as the Fighting Irish (3-1) beat the Spartans (3-1) in South Bend, Ind., for their 10th straight home win.
(24) Wisconsin 41, Purdue 10: Melvin Gordon ran for three TDs, James White added 145 yards and a 70-yard score, and the Badgers (3-1, 1-0) routed the Boilermakers (1-3, 0-1) in Madison, Wis.
(25) Texas Tech 33, Texas State 7: Backup QB Davis Webb threw for 310 yards and two TDs to lead the Red Raiders (4-0) over the Bobcats (2-1) in Lubbock, Texas.
Stephen F. Austin 52, Montana State 38: Brady Attaway passed for 392 yards and two TDs to lead the Lumberjacks (2-2) past the Bobcats (2-2) in Nacogdoches, Texas.
Montana 47, Panhandle State 14: Backup quarterback Shay Smithwick-Hann threw two TD passes and the Grizzlies (3-0) rolled to victory in Missoula.
Southern Utah 24, Sacramento State 21 (OT): Colton Cook’s 38-yard field goal in overtime lifted the Thunderbirds (3-1, 1-0 Big Sky) over the Hornets (1-3, 0-1) in Sacramento, Calif.
Portland State 41, UC Davis 10: Kieran McDonagh passed for two TDs and ran for two more to lead the Vikings (3-1, 1-0 Big Sky) over the Aggies (0-4, 0-1) in Davis, Calif.
Pittsburgh 58, Duke 55: Tom Savage tied an ACC record with six TD passes for the Panthers.
I've never been as riveted -- or as open-minded -- about a presidential election as I am about this one. I watched the major speeches from both conventions. There's things ...
In what year did the Spokane Stock Exchange shut down?
Soccer is on an upward wave in this nation despite a professional league that makes a lot of unfathomable decisions
A GRIP ON SPORTS • A couple things happened yesterday that made me realize something. The MLS may be the worst run professional league in America. But why should we ...
PREDATORS -- A predator management project is hitting a few snags, according to National Geographic: Research-driven mountain lion management taking hold in Wyoming Since 2007, Wyoming has been aggressively trying ...
sponsored According to two 2015 surveys, 62 percent of Americans do not have enough savings to handle an unexpected emergency, much less any long-term plans.