That’s News to you answers
Here are the answers to this week’s newspaper version of That’s News to You.
1. C. The Livestock Processors Cooperative built the slaughterhouse, figuring more people want to know where their meat comes from.
2. E. Woody Guthrie’s home was demolished in the late 1970s; the rebuild will use original planks salvaged from the house.
3. A. The appeals court said a state commission erred by not requiring a detailed study of how a new chairlift and runs would impact old-growth forest, meadows and wetlands on Mount Spokane.
4. D. Dalton Cosby stands 6-foot-8 and weighs 315 pounds; his brother Kyle Cosby stands 6-foot-6 and weighs 287 pounds.
5. B. Dancer Kenichi Ebina snagged the top prize of $1 million.
On the Web: Now that you’ve warmed up your news sense, why not try our online quiz at www.spokesman.com/newquiz, where top entries go into a drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel and all entries this week go into a drawing for movie tickets. Some of the questions in the newspaper also appear online.
Last week’s winners are Jim Eggers, of Mead, who won the Davenport gift card, and Morgan Case, of Boise, who won tickets to the WSU-Southern Utah football game.
Note: In last week’s online quiz, the answer to a question about hurricanes this season changed because of events between the time the quiz was created on Friday and it became available on Sunday, so it was removed from the quiz and all entries that had correct answers for the remaining nine questions went into the drawing for the gift card.