If you followed the news last week, or even if you didn’t, you could be a winner in our news quiz. Try the newspaper version, then go online to www.spokesman.com/newsquiz for the interactive version, where top entries go into a drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries this week go into a drawing for movie tickets.
1. A group of ranchers near Odessa, Wash., launched what new cooperative venture?
A. A new 4-H-type club to try to encourage younger people’s interest in agriculture
B. A grain-growing operation to produce high-quality feed and, as a result, higher-priced meat
C. A slaughterhouse so they can market their meat directly to consumers, restaurants and grocery stores
D. A heavy equipment dealership to replace one that had closed a decade ago when the ag economy was down
E. An online dating site for men and women interested in farm life
2. Developers plan to rebuild the boyhood home of what native of Okemah, Okla., some 25 years after it was demolished?
A. Will Rogers
B. Brad Pitt
C. Paul Harvey
D. Johnny Bench
E. Woody Guthrie
3. A state appeals court has halted a major expansion at
A. Mt. Spokane Ski and Snowboard Park
B. Fairchild Air Force Base
C. Turnbull National Wildlife Refuge
D. Kendall Yards
E. Riverfront Park
4. Two brothers who play on Whitworth University’s offensive line weigh a combined
A. 456 pounds
B. 514 pounds
C. 576 pounds
D. 602 pounds
E. Can’t fool me. Whitworth doesn’t have two brothers in its lineup.
5. Spokanite Cami Bradley made it to the finals in “America’s Got Talent” but didn’t win the top prize. Who did?
A. Angela Hoover
B. Kenichi Ebina
C. Taylor Williamson
Check your work
Find the answers and last week’s winners on page B7.
Click here to comment on this story »