Here are the answers to this week’s That’s News to You quiz:
1. E. Spokane police say violent crime – homicide, rape, robbery and assault – is down 7 percent compared to last year.
2. B. SUP stands for stand-up paddleboarding. Turnout for the first races was low because of chilly weather.
3. D. An indictment against Greg Jeffreys and his wife, Kimberly, accuses them of a scheme of complicated real estate transactions involving two floors of the empty hotel.
4. C. The Postal Board of Governors said last week it wants to raise the cost of a first-class stamp to 49 cents, from the current 46 cents, next January.
5. E. Down 8-1, Oracle rallied for eight straight to win the oldest international trophy in sports.
On the Web: Now that you’ve had a chance to warm up your news sense, try our online quiz at www.spokesman.com/newsquiz. Top entries go into a weekly drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries this week go into a drawing for movie tickets. To give our newspaper readers a little help, some of the questions in this quiz are also in the online version.
Last week’s winners are John Van Gemert, of Spokane, who won the gift card, and Brian Hammond, of Spokane, who won movie tickets.