Hired Marquette has picked Duke assistant Steve Wojciechowski as its next men’s basketball coach.
• Louisiana Tech has hired Marquette assistant Tyler Summitt, the son of former Tennessee coach Pat Summitt, to take over the Lady Techsters basketball team. Summitt, who’ll turn 24 in September, has not yet been a head coach in his fledgling career.
• TCU has hired Fresno State’s Raegan Pebley as women’s basketball coach after she took the Bulldogs to the NCAA tournament in both her seasons there.
• Oregon assistant basketball coach Brian Fish has been named the new men’s basketball coach at Montana State. Fish has been an assistant coach for 25 years.
Transferring BYU guard Matt Carlino is transferring for his senior basketball season of eligibility. The school said Carlino plans to graduate in June. He averaged 13.7 points per game this season.
Out Second-ranked Suzann Pettersen withdrew from the Kraft Nabisco Golf Championship because of an aggravated disk in her back.
Announced The doctor treating Hall of Fame quarterback Jim Kelly for cancer says Kelly will start chemotherapy and radiation next week. The doctor says he’s confident the regimen has a good chance of success in treating the sinus cancer.
• LSU post player Johnny O’Bryant III says he will bypass his senior season and make himself eligible for the NBA draft.
• Starting offensive tackle Torian White is no longer part of the UCLA football program, Bruins coach Jim Mora announced. White was arrested in November on suspicion of sexual assault and had been subsequently suspended indefinitely from the team. A district attorney spokesperson said the case against White remains open.
• A New York City auctioneer says a Norman Rockwell painting of Boston Red Sox players could bring up to $30 million. The painting appeared on the cover of the March 2, 1957, issue of the Saturday Evening Post. Christie’s is offering it May 22.