If you followed the news last week, and maybe even if you didn’t, you could be a winner in our weekly news quiz. Warm up your news memory by taking the newspaper version of the quiz, then go to www.spokesman.com/newsquiz for the online version, where top entries go into a drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries go into a drawing for movie tickets.
1. Kathleen Sebelius has resigned from her post as President Barack Obama’s secretary of
C. Health and Human Services
2. Spokane’s Salary Review Commission gave City Council members a raise to make their annual salary
3. The number of mothers staying home full time with their children is
C. Staying about the same
D. Impossible to calculate because of the recession
E. A new category that the U.S. Census Bureau began tracking in 2010
4. Idaho conservation groups plan to sue the state of Idaho over its trapping regulations, saying they don’t do enough to prevent incidental trapping of protected
C. Canada lynx
E. Pygmy owls
5. A series of fires in the Inland Northwest is being investigated. The buildings burned were all
B. Abandoned homes
Check your work
Find answers and last week’s winners on page B3.
sponsored According to two 2015 surveys, 62 percent of Americans do not have enough savings to handle an unexpected emergency, much less any long-term plans.