That’s NEWS to you
If you followed the news last week, and maybe even if you didn’t, you could be a winner in our weekly news quiz. Warm up your news memory by taking the newspaper version of the quiz, then go to www.spokesman.com/newsquiz for the online version, where top entries go into a drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries go into a drawing for movie tickets.
1. Washington leads the nation in
B. Craft distilleries
C. Consumption of sports drinks
D. Consumption of coffee
2. Spokane-area universities are readjusting degree programs to meet the high demand for
B. Math and science teachers
C. Health care professionals
D. History and English teachers
E. All of the above
3. Spokane Valley is expected to ease zoning regulations for marijuana production that impose a 1,000-foot buffer zone around
D. Recreational trails
E. Public libraries
4. Frazier Glenn Miller Jr., the man accused of going on a hate-crime killing rampage in Kansas, has ties to deceased Aryan Nations leader Richard Butler. What role did he play during Butler’s 1988 federal trial?
A. Defense witness
B. Prosecution witness
C. Appointed acting leader of the Aryan Nations
D. The leader of The Order
E. He admitted being behind a bomb scare
5. Who is the new Gonzaga women’s basketball coach?
A. Jodie Kaczor Berry
B. Jerry Krause
C. Lisa Mispley Fortier
D. Nicole Powell
E. Jon Newlee
Check your work
Find answers and last week’s winners on page B10.