April 23, 2014 in City

Cancer center briefly evacuated this afternoon

from staff reports
 

The medical building housing Kootenai Cancer Center was briefly evacuated this afternoon when flames broke out during maintenance on a boiler.

A build up of natural gas caused the small fire, which singed the hair of the maintenance technician, said Becky Orchard, a Kootenai Health spokeswoman.

He was evaluated at the scene by firefighters, she said.

The boiler is located on the first floor of the building at 700 W. Ironwood Drive, Coeur d’Alene. The building is owned by Parkwood Business Properties. It houses the cancer center, a lab and other medical offices.

Get stories like this in a free daily email


Please keep it civil. Don't post comments that are obscene, defamatory, threatening, off-topic, an infringement of copyright or an invasion of privacy. Read our forum standards and community guidelines.

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in here or click the comment box below for options.

comments powered by Disqus