Area students have been named to their schools’ dean’s lists.
• Hillsdale College, in Hillsdale, Mich., has named Eric Walker, of Spokane, to the fall 2013 semester dean’s list. He is the son of Matt and Michelle Walker and graduated in 2012 from The Oaks Classical Christian Academy.
• Central Oregon Community College in Bend, Ore. has named Spokane resident Catherine Ostrem to the dean’s list for the fall 2013 term.
• Melanie Laete, of Spokane, has been named to the 2013 fall semester dean’s list at Wisconsin Lutheran College in Milwaukee, Wis.
• Marquette University in Milwaukee, Wis., has named Spokane residents James Anders and Jenna Speltz to the dean’s list for the fall 2013 semester.
• Spokane resident Morgan Hepler has been named to the 2013 fall dean’s list at Rockhurst University in Kansas City, Mo.
• Katherine Hindman, of Pullman, has been named to the fall 2013 semester dean’s list at St. Olaf College in Northfield, Minn.
• Emma Zellmer, of Liberty Lake, has been named to Michigan Technological University’s fall 2013 semester dean’s list in Houghton, Mich.
• Midland University, in Fremont, Neb., has named Seth Heckel, of Colbert, and Adam Paulson, of Medical Lake, to the fall 2013 dean’s list.
• Spokane resident Sultan Alanazi has been named to the fall 2013 dean’s list at Tennessee State University in Nashville, Tenn.
• Mariah Stuart, of Spokane, has been named to Fort Lewis College’s fall 2013 dean’s list. Fort Lewis College is in Durango, Colo.
• Pullman resident Hannah Myers has been named to the dean’s list for the 2013 fall semester at the University of Hartford in West Hartford, Conn.
• Minnesota State College - Southeast Technical in Winona, Minn., has named Caleb Laberge, of Pullman, to its fall 2013 dean’s list.
• Missouri University of Science and Technology in Rolla, Mo. has named Byron Coffey, of Spokane, to its fall 2013 semester dean’s list.
• Caroline Emberton, of Colbert, has been named to the dean’s list for the fall 2013 semester at Cornell University in Ithaca, N.Y.
• Pullman resident Hamad Alsqabe has been named to the 2013 fall dean’s list at Fort Hays State University in Hays, Kan.
• Spokane resident Kelly Hodgson has been named to the fall 2013 dean’s list at Springfield College in Springfield, Mass.
• Rider University in Lawrenceville, N.J., has named Courtney Reed, of Newport, to the fall 2013 semester dean’s list.
• Joseph LeDuc, of Spokane, has been named to the fall 2013 dean’s list at Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, N.C.
• Grove City College, in Grove City, Pa., has named Spokane resident Lucy Everett to the dean’s list for the fall 2013 quarter. She is the daughter of Mark and Teresa Everett, both of Spokane.
• Cory Sago, of Colbert; Willis Sanburn, of Spokane; and Sarah Bertis, of Spokane Valley have been named to the dean’s list for the fall 2013 semester at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, N.Y.
Washington state is now so chock-full of candidates for statewide office that you may not be able to avoid stumbling over one the next time you venture into a gathering ...
A GRIP ON SPORTS • There were at least a couple things that happened Friday that had to put a smile on your face. Read on.
You'll have to contend with Iron-type people, if you go downtown this weekend. They'll be practicing and strutting their muscular bodies on Saturday. And performing on Sunday. I'm curious what ...
Eric O'Grey, the Spokane Valley man whose story about losing more than 100 pounds with the help of a shelter dog went viral earlier this year, has a book deal. ...
sponsored Jargon is confusing, by definition. And the financial world has its own set of cryptic words.