Here are the answers to this week’s newspaper quiz:
1. B. The 50-year-old Columbia River Treaty is up for review and tribes and others hope to make reintroduction of salmon runs that reach the headwaters of the Columbia River part of the new compact.
2. B. Walt Worthy’s hotel on Spokane Falls Boulevard will be called Grand Hotel Spokane and will be part of Marriott’s Autograph Collection.
3. B. An Idaho judge rejected former GOP chairman Barry Peterson’s assertion that he is still the state party’s leader.
4. C. Three-pound cans that are used to hold ice, salt and a 1-pound can with ice cream ingredients have become difficult to find.
5. A. The Eastern Eagles are ranked No. 1 in every major ranking in the Football Championship Subdivision going into the 2014 season.
On the Web: Try your hand at our interactive quiz at www.spokesman. com/newsquiz, where all entrants are eligible to win movie tickets and our overall champ wins a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel.
Last week’s winners are Charles Wisowaty, of Spokane, who won a $50 gift card, and Brian Hammond, of Spokane, who won the movie tickets.