Here are the answers to this week’s newspaper quiz:
1. C. Spokane’s Great Fire of 1889 started at Wolfe’s lunch counter and lodging house and swept through downtown, reducing the district to a tent city.
2. B. Japan is a growing market for White’s Boots as American boots have become a fashion statement there.
3. E. Cougars football coach Mike Leach is guaranteed $2.75 million a year under an amended contract that raises his media compensation.
4. C. Mile 25 of the Centennial Trail, a half-mile section overlooking the Spokane River, recently opened, narrowing the gap in the trail between downtown and Riverside State Park.
5. B. Law students throughout the country struggled to upload their answers on their law exams last month, a new lawsuit claims.
On the Web: Try your hand at our interactive quiz at www.spokesman.com/newsquiz, where all entrants are eligible to win movie tickets and our overall champ wins a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel.
Last week’s winners are Tim Lafser, of Post Falls, who won a $50 gift card, and Judy Rose, of Spokane, who won the movie tickets.
Click here to comment on this story »