That’s NEWS to you
If you followed the news last week, you could be a winner in our weekly news quiz. Warm up by taking the newspaper version, then go to spokesman.com/ newsquiz, where top online entries go into a drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries go into a drawing for movie tickets.
1. Spokane’s Great Fire, which destroyed most of downtown, happened on Aug. 4 what year?
2. Outside of the U.S., White’s Boots footwear has recently become popular in what country?
E. New Zealand
3. Washington State University football coach Mike Leach got a raise. His guaranteed compensation is
A. $1.75 million
B. $2 million
C. $2.25 million
D. $2.5 million
E. $2.75 million
4. A new section known as Mile 25 recently opened on what trail?
A. Fish Lake Trail
B. Trail of the Coeur d’Alenes
C. Centennial Trail
D. John Wayne Trail
E. Route of the Hiawatha
5. Because of a technical failure, thousands of test-takers recently struggled to upload their exams testing their competency in what field?
Check your work
Find answers and last week’s winners on Page B10.