The goal of Somebody Needs You is to match donors with the specific requests of needy Spokane residents.
The list of requests is coordinated by Volunteers of America in cooperation with recognized social service agencies in Spokane. If you have an item to donate, please contact the social service agency directly. Donors who can deliver items are especially appreciated. If someone you know needs help, contact a local social service agency provider.
• Older woman needs stationary bike. Contact Mary at Elder Services, (509) 458-7450.
• Woman needs devices to cook food without a kitchen: hot plate or electric skillet, hot pot, frying pan, saucepan, microwave or toaster oven. Contact Yvonne at Parent Child Assistance Program, (509) 838-6092, ext. 327.
• Older woman with custody of grandchildren needs single or double stroller. Contact Colleen at Aging & Long-Term Care of Eastern Washington, (509) 434-1963.
• Single mom with 8-month-old daughter needs pots, pans, cookie sheets and dresser. Contact Melissa at Parent-Child Assistance Program, (509) 389-3354.
• Low-income woman with significant health problems needs queen-size bed. Contact Greg at Aging & Long-Term Care, (509) 458-2509.
• Single mom needs stroller, sensitive-skin baby wipes, size 4-5 diapers, clothing and shoes for 1-year-old girl, air conditioner, vacuum cleaner and fan. Seven-year-old girl needs leggings and pants (size junior small), shirts and tops (size junior medium) and size 5-6 shoes. Infant boy needs clothing size 3-6 months, infant bouncer and walker. Contact Bryce at Transitional Help for Women, (509) 990-5630.
sponsored You’ve probably heard of co-ops: food co-ops, childcare co-ops, housing co-ops, energy co-ops.