It will be a battle of the titans when the Denver Broncos take on the Seattle Seahawks in Super Bowl XLVIII. In honor of the big game, we’ve put together another Denver-Seattle matchup, pitting “Dynasty,” the sexy soap that took place in the Mile High City, against the Emerald City-set gem “Frasier.”
• MAIN CHARACTERS: Oil magnate Blake Carrington; his wife, Krystle, and his scheming ex, Alexis
• TOTAL EMMYS WON: 1 for costume design
• FAVORITE HANGOUT: La Mirage, the fancy hotel - and site of several catfights - owned by Blake
• HOT STUFF: Claudia, who was married at different times to Blake’s sons, Steven and Adam, starts a blaze that leads to the end of both La Mirage and Claudia.
• WEDDING DAY BLUES: At the nuptials between Blake’s and Alexis’ daughter, Amanda, and Prince Michael of Moldavia, armed gunmen open fire on the guests. The floral arrangements don’t fare too well, either.
• HEART-STOPPING MOMENT: Blake’s rival, Cecil Colby, suffers a massive heart attack while having sex with Alexis.
• ULTIMATE SMACKDOWN: It’s hard to decide which of Krystle and Alexis’ catfights was the better clawfest – season 3’s lilypond slugfest or season 6’s muddy melee.
• MAIN CHARACTERS: Shrink and radio show host Frasier Crane; his brother, Niles; their father, Martin, and Dad’s caregiver, Daphne
• TOTAL EMMYS WON: 37, a prime-time series record
• FAVORITE HANGOUT: Cafe Nervosa, where Frasier and Niles drank a whole lotta latte
• HOT STUFF: Anxious to win over a focus group member who gives him a bad review, Frasier accidentally starts a fire that burns down the man’s newsstand.
• WEDDING DAY BLUES: Moments before she’s about to marry Niles’ divorce lawyer, Donny Douglas, Daphne runs off with Niles after he professes his love for her.
• HEART-STOPPING MOMENT: Martin suffers a mild heart attack when Frasier, dressed as a clown and wielding a cleaver, scares him.
• ULTIMATE SMACKDOWN: A publicity stunt involving Frasier and a crane being named for him goes awry when the bird starts pecking him and chasing him around a couch.
sponsored You’ve probably heard of co-ops: food co-ops, childcare co-ops, housing co-ops, energy co-ops.