Here are the answers to this week’s newspaper quiz:
1. C. The head of Idaho’s liquor division reported sales of liquor to Washingtonians last year amounted to $10 million, or 6 percent of Idaho’s sales.
2. D. Red-light cameras caught 16,596 violators last year. Fines netted the city $860,000.
3. B. The 2014 Lilac Festival Queen, crowned last Sunday, is Ferris High School senior Kaylee Pearson.
4. B. President Barack Obama plans to sign an executive order raising the minimum hourly wage that federal contractors must pay to $10.10.
5. B. The cedar sculpin is a new species of fish discovered by scientists in the Coeur d’Alene and St. Joe rivers.
On the Web: Now that you’ve warmed up your news sense, try your hand at our online quiz at www.spokesman.com/newsquiz, where top entries go into a weekly drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel and all entries this week go into a drawing for movie tickets. To give our newspaper readers a boost, some of the questions in this quiz also appear online.
Last week’s winners are Joy Jelsing, of Mead, who won a $50 gift card, and Marshall Hurst, of Coeur d’Alene, who won the movie tickets.