February 19, 2014 in City

Residents displaced by Spokane duplex fire

From staff reports
 
Tags:fire
Map of this story's location

Three people were displaced from their home by a North Spokane duplex fire on Tuesday morning.

A working smoke detector alerted residents of the duplex at 3420 E. Liberty Ave. that the garage was on fire, a news release from the Spokane Fire Department said.

The residents called 911 around 11 a.m. Fire crews found smoke coming from the east unit and from the garage.

Crews had the fire under control within 15 minutes, the release said.

There were no injuries.

The fire damage was confined to one unit.

The cause of the fire is still under investigation.

Get stories like this in a free daily email


Please keep it civil. Don't post comments that are obscene, defamatory, threatening, off-topic, an infringement of copyright or an invasion of privacy. Read our forum standards and community guidelines.

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in here or click the comment box below for options.

comments powered by Disqus