Here are the answers to this week’s news quiz:
1. B. The high school on-time graduation rate at Spokane Public Schools has improved to 79.6 percent.
2. C. Ansel Adams chronicled the internment of Japanese-Americans at Manzanar.
3. B. Stormwater runoff is the major threat to Lake Coeur d’Alene, according to the Waterkeeper program.
4. E. The WSU women’s basketball team victory over UW ended a 36-game win streak for the Huskies over the Cougars.
5. C. The maximum number of licenses for retail marijuana stores in Washington is 334.
On the Web: Now that you’ve warmed up your news sense, try your hand at our online quiz at www.spokesman.com/newsquiz/, where top entries go into a weekly drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel and all entries this week go into a drawing for movie tickets. To give our newspaper readers a boost, some of the questions in this quiz also appear online.
Last week’s winners are Tim Lafser, of Spokane, who won a $50 gift card, and Arealous Earthman, of Spokane, who won the movie tickets.