SPOKANE VALLEY – The Greater Spokane Valley Chamber of Commerce has announced its nominees for the 2013 Awards of Excellence.
The nominees are:
• Entrepreneur of the Year, Mark and Steffanie Anderson, Business Center, Nick Westerberg, Westerberg & Associates, and Greg Miley, Miley Brands.
• Business of the Year, Tier 1, Decade Awards, the Splash/Current, and Mountain Dog Sign Co.
• Business of the Year, Tier 2, Telect, Inc., Kaiser Aluminum & Chemical Corp., Oxford Suites, and Horizon Credit Union.
• Community Caring Award, US Bank Corporate Giving, Mark Peterson and the KXLY Extreme Team, and Liberty Lake Kiwanis Food for Thought.
• Charity/Cultural Services Award, Spokane Symphony, Children’s Home Society of Washington, and Friends of Pavillion Park.
• Chamber Member Volunteer of the Year, Dick Brantley, retired from KXLY; Julie Van Wormer, ALCS Architects; and John Bogensberger, Signs for Success.
Awards will also be presented to Educators of the Year from school districts the chamber serves and to Max Spalding, owner of Spalding Auto Parts, who will receive the 2013 Harry E. Nelson Citizen of the Year Award.
The awards will be announced at the annual Gem of the Valley Awards Gala on Jan. 25 at the Mirabeau Park Hotel and Convention Center, 1100 N. Sullivan Road. For reservations or information, call (509) 924-4994 or visit www.spokanevalleychamber.org.
Open house to promote city as event center
SPOKANE VALLEY – The city will host an open house at CenterPlace Regional Event Center, 2426 N. Discovery Place, to highlight what it offers as an event center for weddings, conferences, business meetings and other events.
The open house will be Jan. 30 from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
Red Rock Catering will offer tastings of its honey pear bruschetta with balsamic glaze. There will also be representatives from David’s Bridal and Tuxedo Gallery, local confectioners, florists, salons, spas and more.
For more information, call Brittani DeBoise of Spokane Valley Parks and Recreation at (509) 720-5405 or email
Most read stories