The goal of Somebody Needs You is to match donors with the specific requests of needy Spokane residents.
The list of requests is coordinated by the Volunteers of America in cooperation with recognized social service agencies in Spokane. If you have an item to donate, please contact the social service agency directly. Donors who can deliver items are especially appreciated. If someone you know needs help, contact a local social service agency provider.
• Formerly homeless family of six needs dresser, dining table and chairs. Contact Shanna at East Valley ECEAP, (509) 893-4122.
• Formerly homeless person needs a vacuum cleaner. Contact Anna at Family Service Spokane, (509) 838-4128.
• Senior needs dresser and grocery cart. Contact Vivian at Cathedral Plaza, (509) 624-8721.
• Elderly woman needs white-noise machine to help her sleep. Contact Mary at Elder Services, (509) 458-7450.
• Single mom with newborn needs crib, crib mattress, and baby sling or wrap. Contact Sari at Early Head Start, West Boone Center, (509) 279-6905.
• Family needs washer and dryer. Contact Anne at Early Head Start. (509) 279-6903.
• Newly arrived refugees need blankets, coats, gloves, and other winter gear, all sizes. Contact Karen at Spokane Community College. (509) 533-4664.
Click here to comment on this story »