Signed Outfielder Bobby Abreu signed a minor league contract with the Philadelphia Phillies and will be invited to spring training.
• The Milwaukee Brewers signed first baseman Lyle Overbay to a minor league contract.
• The Calgary Flames signed Matt Stajan to a four-year deal worth $12.5 million.
Retired Montreal Alouettes quarterback Anthony Calvillo is retiring after 20 seasons in the Canadian Football League.
Announced Barcelona will ask club members to approve remodeling and enlarging Camp Nou soccer stadium. Barcelona club president Sandro Rosell said the club will hold a referendum for its members. The plan is to increase capacity to 105,000.
• Notre Dame is ending its 17-year relationship with Adidas and switching to Under Armour Inc. with a 10-year deal it calls the biggest of its kind in the history of college athletics.
• Former Montana Tech football coach and athletic director Bob Green was named the NAIA school’s interim athletic director. He replaces director Charles Bradley, who was dismissed on Saturday.
Pleaded Former NFL player Irving Fryar and his 80-year-old mother, Allene McGhee, pleaded not guilty in Mount Holly, N.J., to charges that they conspired to steal more than $690,000 through a mortgage scam.
Charged West Bromwich Albion striker Nicolas Anelka has been charged by the English Football Association for performing a gesture considered to be anti-Semitic while celebrating a goal.
Agreed Pitcher John Lannan agreed to a minor league contract with the Mets and is expected to compete for a starter’s job at spring training.
Hired Indiana hired Brian Knorr as its football defensive coordinator.
• The Washington Redskins hired Ike Hilliard as receivers coach.