If you followed the news last week, you could be a winner in our weekly news quiz. Warm up by taking the newspaper version of the quiz, then go to www.spokesman.com/ newsquiz for the online version, where top entries go into a drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries go into a drawing for movie tickets.
1. Fairchild Air Force Base’s air show is called what?
E. None of the above. There is a contest to name the show.
2. The guns Elliot Rodger used to kill six people and himself and wound others were what?
A. Stolen from his father
B. Obtained in a gang deal
C. Stolen from his roommate
D. Stolen in a burglary
E. Purchased legally
3. Eric Shinseki has resigned from what position?
A. White House press secretary
B. Veterans Affairs secretary
C. The U.N.’s top negotiator in Syria
D. Ambassador to the Ukraine
E. Health and Human Services secretary
4. Heather Anderson set a speed record for hiking which trail?
A. Appalachian Trail
B. Pacific Crest Trail
C. Trail of the Coeur d’Alenes
D. John Wayne Trail
E. Continental Divide Trail
5. A North Idaho couple’s plan to turn roads, sidewalks and parking lots into solar surfaces got a boost from a mention by which “Star Trek” star?
A. George Takei
B. Leonard Nimoy
C. William Shatner
D. DeForest Kelley
E. Patrick Stewart
Check your work
Find answers, explanations and last week’s winners on Page B8.
sponsored You’ve probably heard of co-ops: food co-ops, childcare co-ops, housing co-ops, energy co-ops.