The Central Valley School Board will hold a special meeting Friday at 11 a.m. to discuss the capital facilities committee’s recommendations for projects to be included in a construction bond to be put to voters in February.
The projects are expected to address elementary school capacity and overcrowding, safety and security issues, infrastructure conditions, capacity and overcrowding at Evergreen Middle School and planning for future capacity at the middle and high school levels.
The estimated cost for these projects is about $170.6 million and the district expects about $57.8 million in state matching funds. The local cost is estimated to be about $112.9 million.
The meeting will be held in the district office, 19307 E. Cataldo Ave.
The construction project recommendations include:
• Renovate Yoke’s building and move Barker High School to that location;
• Renovate and expand Greenacres, Opportunity and Sunrise elementary schools to meet a capacity of 624 students each;
• Renovate and expand Chester Elementary for a capacity of 502 students;
• Renovate and expand Ponderosa Elementary for a capacity of 434 students;
• Build a new 624-student elementary school;
• Renovate and expand Evergreen Middle School for a capacity of 750 students;
• Land acquisition.