Here are the answers to this week’s newspaper quiz:
1. A. Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl is from Hailey, Idaho.
2. E. Council member Steve Salvatori declined to have a legislative assistant and directed the funds to other programs and projects.
3. C. Homelessness in Spokane jumped 12 percent, according to an annual survey.
4. C. A $61 million, five-story football operations building was recently completed at WSU.
5. B. World War II veteran Ben Brooks was assigned to guard the headquarters of Gen. George Patton.
On the Web: Try your hand at our interactive quiz at www.spokesman.com/ newsquiz, where all entrants are eligible to win movie tickets, and our overall champ wins a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel.
Last week’s winners are Joel and Deborah White of Spokane who won a $50 gift card, and Conrad Kovash of Spokane who won the movie tickets.