Area residents have graduated from colleges and universities across the country:
Residents of Nine Mile Falls, Shaun Flemming and Lauren Joplin, have graduated from Gonzaga University. Joplin graduated with a bachelor of arts in mathematics and a bachelor of science in computer science.
• Spokane residents Monica Chiu, Joseph Ippolito, Shannon Lane and Kristine Percival have graduated from Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska. Ippolito graduated magna cum laude with a bachelor of science degree, Chiu graduated with a doctor of medicine, Lane graduated with a master of science in negotiation and dispute resolution, and Percival graduated with a doctor of pharmacy.
• Kaitlyn Jackson has graduated from the Baptist College of Health Sciences in Memphis, Tennessee, with bachelor’s degree in diagnostic medical sonography. Jackson is a graduate of The Oaks Classical Christian Academy.
• Daniel Jozwiak, of Spokane, has graduated from Southwestern University in Georgetown, Texas, with a degree in political science.
• Bryce Barsten, of Greenacres, has graduated from the Pratt Institute in New York City with a bachelor of fine arts in digital arts.
• Spokane resident Ellison Stagaman has graduated from St. John’s College in Santa Fe, New Mexico, with a bachelor of arts degree.
• Molly Carlson, of Medical Lake, has graduated from the University of Scranton in Scranton, Pennsylvania, with a master of science in human resources.
• Kirstin Craig, of Spokane, graduated from Colgate University in Hamilton, New York, with a degree in neuroscience. She is a graduate of Lewis and Clark High School.
• Tomas McGriff, of Spokane, graduated from the University of San Diego, with a bachelor’s degree in biology.
sponsored According to two 2015 surveys, 62 percent of Americans do not have enough savings to handle an unexpected emergency, much less any long-term plans.