That’s News to you answers
Here are the answers to this week’s newspaper quiz:
1. D. Safety regulators and railroads agreed to cut trains’ speed limits through cities, perform more frequent track inspections and enhance emergency response planning.
2. D. January and February are usually the slowest months of the year for waste collection in Spokane, according to Scott Windsor, director of the city’s solid waste management.
3. E. The Army would be the smallest it’s been since before World War II.
4. C. Superintendent Shelley Redinger has proposed using marijuana tax revenues to pay for more school nurses.
5. D. Top Democratic lawmakers in Idaho have asked for the FBI to investigate Corrections Corporation of America’s operation of the state’s largest prison.
On the Web: Now that you’ve warmed up your news sense, try your hand at our online quiz at spokesman.com/ newsquiz, where top entries go into a weekly drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries this week go into a drawing for movie tickets. To give our newspaper readers a boost, some questions in this quiz also appear online.
Last week’s winners are Brian Donahue, of Spokane, who won a $50 gift card, and Adrian Barac, of Spokane, who won the movie tickets.