The Riverfront Park Imax opened for the season Saturday, with two movies that are new to the theater: “Hidden Universe” and “Kenya: Animal Kingdom.”
This month, movies screen Thursday through Sunday.
Here’s a look at the films screening this year, and the months they’re scheduled to play:
• “Hidden Universe” uses real images captured by the world’s most powerful telescopes to watch stars being born, tour the surface of Mars and witness distant celestial structures. (March-June and August)
• “Kenya: Animal Kingdom”: Follow two Maasai warriors on a ritual safari and discover the region’s animals in their natural habitats, including lions, elephants, Cape buffalo and black rhino. (March, April, July)
• “Island of Lemurs: Madagascar” premieres April 4. It tells the story of the real lemurs of Madagascar and one scientist who’s trying to help them survive.
• In “Rocky Mountain Express,” a restored steam locomotive travels the Canadian Pacific Railway’s route from Vancouver to Montreal. (March, May-July)
• “Whales and Dolphins” takes viewers underwater to gaze into a humpback whale’s eye and swim alongside an orca. (April, August)
• “Great White Shark” looks at the iconic predator – misrepresented, maligned and misunderstood. (May)
• “Titans of the Ice Age” uses animation to explore the world’s landscapes 10,000 years ago. (May-August)
Tickets for regular features are $8.50, children 3 to 12 are $6. They’re free for children 2 and younger and season pass holders.
Visit ww.spokane riverfrontpark.com for show times.