Holton Hunsaker scored 24 points and top-seeded Utah Valley shot 70.5 percent as the Wolverines defeated eighth-seeded Texas- Pan American 83-63 Thursday in the Western Athletic Conference tournament in Las Vegas.
The victory sends the Wolverines (20-10) into a semifinal today against Idaho.
Utah Valley used a 10-0 first-half spurt to take the lead for good and extended its advantage with a 19-1 run for a 51-26 lead at the break that would remain in double figures throughout the second half.
• Cal State Bakersfield 68, Chicago State 62: Issiah Grayson scored 29 points and Aly Ahmed added 15 points and grabbed 12 rebounds in leading the No. 6 seeded Roadrunners over the third-seeded Cougars.
• New Mexico State 70, Seattle 68: Sim Bhullar scored 24 points with 14 rebounds to lead the Aggies past the No. 2 seed Redhawks.
• Idaho 73, UMKC 70: Story, page B1
• Utah Valley vs.
Idaho, 6 p.m.
• Cal State Bakersfield vs. New Mexico State, 11:30 p.m.
At Orleans Arena, Las Vegas
• Idaho vs. New Mexico St., noon
• Seattle vs. CSU Bakersfield, 2:30 p.m.
Big Sky men
At the Dee Events Center, Ogden, Utah
• North Dakota 79, Sacramento State 76: Troy Huff scored 18 points and Aaron Anderson added 16 including four clutch free throws as No. 2 seed North Dakota edged the seventh-seeded Hornets.
• Northern Colorado 62, Northern Arizona 60: Derrick Barden scored 15 points and the No. 6 seed Bears upset the third-seeded Lumberjacks.
• Portland State 70, Montana 63: Kyle Richardson scored 19 points, DaShaun Wiggins had 18 and the fifth-seeded Vikings was near perfect from the free throw line late in the game, defeating the No. 4 seed Grizzlies.
• North Dakota vs. Portland St., 3:30 p.m.
• Weber State vs. Northern Colorado, 6 p.m.
Big Sky women
At Betty Engelstad Sioux Center, Grand Forks, N.D.
• Southern Utah 86, Sacramento State 78
• Montana 75,
Montana State 66
• Idaho State 70, Eastern Washington 65 (OT)
• North Dakota vs. Idaho St.,
• Southern Utah vs. Montana, 5:30 p.m.
sponsored According to two 2015 surveys, 62 percent of Americans do not have enough savings to handle an unexpected emergency, much less any long-term plans.