Washington State starter Jason Monda allowed two runs in seven innings Saturday, and the Cougars beat Utah 4-2 in a Pac-12 Conference baseball game at Bailey-Brayton Field in Pullman.
Nick Tanielu had two hits and an RBI to guide the Cougars (21-24, 11-12) at the plate.
Ian Hamilton pitched a scoreless ninth inning to earn his 13th save – a WSU single-season record.
Zach Adams was the tough-luck loser for the Utes (15-29, 4-19) after allowing one earned run in 5 2/3 innings.
• A trio of Gonzaga pitchers held UC Davis (20-26) in check, and the Bulldogs escaped with a 2-1 nonconference win in Spokane.
Andrew Sopko started for GU (21-26), allowing five hits and a run in 4 2/3 innings. Ben Brown retired the two batters he faced, then gave way to David Bigelow, who earned the save after holding the Aggies scoreless over the final 3 2/3 innings.
• Sixth-ranked Washington swept Bethune-Cookman (22-31) in a nonconference doubleheader in Seattle.
The Huskies (36-11-1) won the opener 5-4 in 11 innings and blanked the Wildcats 7-0 in the nightcap. The wins extended Washington’s winning streak to seven games.
• Community Colleges of Spokane (23-17, 15-13) swept Walla Walla (26-12, 17-11) in an NWAACC doubleheader in Walla Walla.
In the opener, the Sasquatch survived a late-game rally by the Warriors, and won 4-3.
CCS starter Blake Phelps was dominant in the nightcap, which the Sasquatch won 3-1. The righty struck out eight and allowed just one run in a two-hitter.
Gonzaga finished in 20th place at the NCAA Far West Regional at Tumble Creek Golf Course in Cle Elum, Washington.
GU’s Raychelle Santos led the way with a final-round 77. Bulldogs Alice Kim and Tai Jade Kliebphipat each finished with 54-hole totals of 238 – tied for 79th.
Southern California claimed the team title.
No. 8 Washington (33-13, 13-9) dominated in its regular-season finale, routing California (23-29, 4-18) 14-0 in a Pac-12 game in Berkeley, California.
UW’s Kylee Lahners drove in four runs and Kaitlin Inglesby and Kelli Suguro each added three RBIs.
• CC Spokane (30-12, 24-4) swept Big Bend (6-28, 4-24) in an NWAACC doubleheader at Spokane Falls Community College.
The Sasquatch won the opener 8-0 and the nightcap 9-1.
CCS’ Katelyn Geyer had six RBIs in the two games.
The Southern California men blanked Idaho 4-0 in the first round of the NCAA tournament in Los Angeles.
The Western Athletic Conference champion Vandals end their season with an 11-14 record.
• The Community Colleges of Spokane men and women each finished in second place at the NWAACC Championships at Spokane Falls Community College.
Treasure Valley claimed the men’s team title and Bellevue was the women’s champion.
Junior Garcia’s 90th-minute goal gave Yakima a 3-2 win over the Spokane Shadow in an Evergreen Premier League game at Spokane Falls Community College. Devin Leon and Mikey Ramos scored goals for Spokane.