Here are the answers to this week’s newspaper quiz:
1. A. Ponderosa pines throughout the region are experiencing a higher-than-normal incidence of attacks by fungus and pests.
2. B. Wayne Tinkle, Ferris High grad, has been named Oregon State University men’s basketball coach after eight years at the University of Montana.
3. A. The operator of Spokane County Raceway Park has stopped oval track racing in an effort to cut losses at the facility.
4. B. Turnout in Kootenai County for Idaho’s primary was 21.7 percent.
5. C. A Russian deputy prime minister has said friction over Ukraine has jeopardized U.S.-Russia cooperation in their space programs.
On the Web: Try your hand at our interactive quiz at www.spokesman.com/newsquiz, where all entrants are eligible to win movie tickets and our overall champ wins a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel.