Oklahoma freshman Samaje Perine set a major college record by running for 427 yards in a driving rainstorm, scoring five touchdowns and leading the No. 23 Sooners (8-3, 5-3 Big 12) to a 44-7 romp over the Kansas Jayhawks (3-8, 1-7) on Saturday in Norman, Oklahoma.
A week after Wisconsin’s Melvin Gordon set the mark by rushing for 408 yards against Nebraska, Perine broke it.
Perine set the record on his 34th and final carry, a 42-yard run with 12:16 left in the fourth quarter.
(1) Florida State 20, Boston College 17: Quarterback Jameis Winston led Florida State 66 yards to put Roberto Aguayo in position for a 26-yard game-winning field goal with 3 seconds left and the Seminoles (11-0, 8-0 Atlantic Coast) edged the Eagles (6-5, 3-4) in Tallahassee, Florida.
(2) Alabama 48, Western Carolina 14: Derrick Henry rushed for two TDs and scored a third on a catch, all in the first half, to lead the Crimson Tide (10-1) over the Catamounts (7-5) in Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
(4) Mississippi State 51, Vanderbilt 0: Dak Prescott threw three TD passes and ran 51 yards for a score to power the Bulldogs (10-1, 6-1 Southeastern Conference) to win over the Commodores (3-8, 0-7) in Starkville, Mississippi, for the first 10-win regular season in school history.
(6) Baylor 49, Oklahoma State 28: Bryce Petty threw TD passes on Baylor’s first two drives that took less than a minute combined, Devin Chafin ran for 106 yards and three TDs and the Bears (9-1, 6-1 Big 12) handed the Cowboys (5-6, 3-5) their fifth straight loss with a victory in Waco, Texas.
(7) Ohio State 42, Indiana 27: Jalin Marshall returned a punt 54 yards for a TD late in the third quarter to give Ohio State the lead and added three TD catches in the fourth quarter as the Buckeyes (10-1, 7-0 Big Ten) rallied to beat the Hoosiers (3-8, 0-7) in Columbus, Ohio.
Arkansas 30, (8) Mississippi 0: Rohan Gaines returned an interception 100 yards for a score and the Razorbacks (6-5, 2-5 SEC) forced six turnovers in an upset win over the Rebels (8-3, 4-3) in Fayetteville, Arkansas.
(9) Georgia 55, Charleston Southern 9: Georgia scored two TDs on its first three snaps, including an 83-yard scoring run by Nick Chubb, and the Bulldogs (9-2) steamrolled the FCS Buccaneers (8-4) in Athens, Georgia.
(10) Michigan State 45, Rutgers 3: Jeremy Langford rushed for 126 yards and two TDs as the Spartans (9-2, 6-1 Big Ten) thrashed the Scarlet Knights (6-5, 2-5) in East Lansing, Michigan.
(14) Wisconsin 26, Iowa 24: Melvin Gordon surpassed 2,000 yards rushing this season with 200 yards and two TDs and the Badgers (9-2, 6-1 Big Ten) held off the Hawkeyes (7-4, 4-3) in Iowa City, Iowa.
(16) Auburn 31, Samford 7: Cameron Artis-Payne ran for 129 yards and a TD, Nick Marshall passed for 171 yards and a score and the Tigers (8-3) beat the FCS Bulldogs (7-4) in Auburn, Alabama.
(18) Marshall 23, Alabama-Birmingham 18: Rakeem Cato threw a pair of TD passes and Ra’shawde Myers recovered a fumble in the end zone for a late score as the Thundering Herd (11-0, 7-0 Conference USA) held off the Blazers (5-6, 3-4) in Birmingham, Alabama.
(19) Missouri 29, Tennessee 21: Maty Mauk threw a pair of TD passes and Marcus Murphy ran for two scores to lead the Tigers (9-2, 6-2 SEC) over the Volunteers (5-6, 2-5) in Knoxville, Tennessee.
Minnesota 28, (21) Nebraska 24: Quarterback Mitch Leidner ran for 111 yards and two TDs, including the go-ahead score with 3:25 left, and the Gophers (8-3, 5-2 Big Ten) overcame a 14-point halftime deficit to defeat the Cornhuskers (8-3, 4-3) in Lincoln, Nebraska.
(22) Colorado State 58, New Mexico 20: Dee Hart rushed for 230 yards and five TDs and also caught a pass for a score as the Rams (10-1, 6-1 Mountain West) totaled a school-record 698 yards of offense and beat the Lobos (3-8, 1-6) in Fort Collins, Colorado.
Subscribe to The Spokesman-Review’s sports newsletter
Get the day’s top sports headlines and breaking news delivered to your inbox by subscribing here.