News

Man injured by jumping from second floor of burning home in good condition

A man who was injured after jumping out of a burning home late Tuesday night was released the same night and is in good condition, Spokane Fire Chief Brian Shaeffer said.

Firefighters responded to a fire at 1714 N Post St. at about 9:30 p.m. on Tuesday. The fire started in the home’s kitchen and spread to other parts of the house. The man, who was trapped on the second floor, jumped out of the building and was taken to a local hospital, where he was treated and released. His roommate identified him as Paul Ellery.

Messingale was the only other roommate home at the time of the fire. She said one door to her bedroom was blocked by flames, but she was able to escape through another door.