Arrow-right Camera
News >  Spokane

Houses ravaged by fire in Spokane, Colbert

Two Spokane-area homes were ravaged by unrelated fires Monday morning.

In Colbert, firefighters rescued a dog from a house at 2003 E. Forest Lane that caught fire while no people were home.

KHQ reported that a neighbor noticed the fire and called 911 at about 10 a.m., and by the time firefighters arrived, more than half of the house was engulfed in flames. The roof later collapsed, and the blaze remained under investigation.

Around the same time, crews responded to a house fire in the 700 block of East Carlisle Avenue in Spokane’s Logan neighborhood. No injuries were reported, but the house was heavily damaged.

Officials told KHQ the fire appeared to be accidental. They said the homeowner had been smoking in bed when she dropped her cigarette.


Subscribe to the Morning Review newsletter

Get the day’s top headlines delivered to your inbox every morning by subscribing to our newsletter

There was a problem subscribing you to the newsletter. Double check your email and try again, or email webteam@spokesman.com

You have been successfully subscribed!


Top stories in Spokane

Endowment helps Rogers High School pursue STEM studies

An endowment provided to Rogers High School from the family of a former educator has begun funding lab equipment and college scholarships needed to fuel the aspirations of students like 16-year-old junior Savanna Wickering, who wants to solve the mysteries of how people die.