The smoke alarm shrieked as a black plume formed over my stovetop pizza experiment. John flung open the door and started fanning. Disaster averted, the margherita pie “baked” in my ...
- Grip on Sports: If the weather cools, it's possible football won't be disrupted by smoke this August
- Grip on Sports: College football's sounds are back, doing their best to drown out the noises from the M's recent face plant
- Grip on Sports: This latest M's collapse may actually hurt more than similiar ones in the recent past
- Grip on Sports: The weekend shows once again Gonzaga is an attractive destination for Europe's best young big men
- Grip on Sports: The heat is on everywhere, from high school football practice in Idaho to far away as Texas, where the M's hope to survive
- Grip on Sports: The only thing that rivals the numbers on the thermometer is the number of stories to tell
- Grip on Sports: Before we begin the weekend, we need to check in with the Mariners, Cougars and the weatherman
- Grip on Sports: Given an opportunity by Paxton's injury, Felix shines but the A's still take a little more of the luster off the Mariners' season
- Grip on Sports: With the local teams' struggles, it's getting tougher and tougher to focus on baseball
- Grip on Sports: This is the time of year we are supposed to be outside worrying about our golf score, not checking the air's score
- Grip on Sports: Would you want a bunch of your 'fans' to decide if you keep your job? That's what happens in Seattle
- Grip on Sports: If the Seahawks are supposed to save what's been a tough late summer, they better get started tonight filling in the gaps
- Grip on Sports: Seahawks come up short but their overall performance has to be considered an improvement
- Grip on Sports: If the Mariners' door is closing, at least college football's window is opening
- Three Things to Know About the 2018 Sentinel Spartans
- Grip on Sports: You can call it a depth chart or a two-deep or whatever – just don't call it definitive
- Grip on Sports: If it weren't for the National League West, the M's would have a better view of the postseason
- Silence is a killer: Football great Mark Rypien speaks out about CTE
- Spokane neurosurgeon working on treatment for CTE
- Grip on Sports: From signings to trades to losses to endings to special sections, it is one packed day
The end of the year is often touted as a good time to make a great deal on a car or truck. Yes it is, but with the proper knowledge, ...
So this morning, not long after getting up, I looked at the SR page on my phone. I saw that something I had written for Sunday's paper ranked No. 1 ...
Judicial races typically are among the dullest to cover, thanks to a code of conduct that pretty much keeps candidates from talking about anything interesting. They present their résumés, explain ...