Automakers labor to shelter us from the hard-working machinery that hides away in places we never see. We like our cabins quiet and our rides gentle. There’s no need remind ...
- Grip on Sports: A Sunday with a regional legend saying goodbye and a national one saying hello to a new home
- Grip on Sports: The Fourth and baseball go together like a hot dog and mustard, especially when the local team is winning
- Grip on Sports: 'The Lake' life makes us jealous but also makes it easier to get around these parts on weekends
- Grip on Sports: Gonzaga puts the puzzle of its nonconference schedule together with an eye on another shot at a national title
- Grip on Sports: It's hard to explain momentum in sports until the rock rolls over your playoff hopes
- Washington State learns Pac-12 basketball pairings
- Grip on Sports: Memories of the home run derby need to be dusted off and updated for the next generation
- Grip on Sports: In a game dominated by the long ball, the Mariners' Jean Segura hit the most dramatic one
- Grip on Sports: College football has a whole season these days wrapped around awards and their watch lists
- Grip on Sports: The British Open had a surprise winner who played with a surprising calm
- Healy lifts Mariners past White Sox, 8-2
- Spokane Indians starting pitcher Hans Crouse delivering when team needs it most
- Grip on Sports: Home is not only where the heart is, it is usually where the wins are
- Grip on Sports: There may not be any change-your-life breaking news at a football media day, but there is usually something fun to break up a hot July day
- Grip on Sports: From Hollywood to Sodo to Spokane, today's subjects are far flung geographically – and in other ways
- Grip on Sports: Though the M's are still holding on to a coveted wild-card spot, the Oakland A's are closing fast
- Grip on Sports: Though the labor has started, it is still a long time until this year's football season is born
- Grip on Sports: It's too late now, but wouldn't it be nice if baseball's Hall of Fame was a little more exclusive?
We just hit the 5,000-mile mark on our incredible journey from Spokane through the western states, and it’s time for a reality check. While life in a tiny home on ...
So this morning, not long after getting up, I looked at the SR page on my phone. I saw that something I had written for Sunday's paper ranked No. 1 ...
Judicial races typically are among the dullest to cover, thanks to a code of conduct that pretty much keeps candidates from talking about anything interesting. They present their résumés, explain ...